Wood turning courses are offered in my fully equipped workshop:
Basic Turning Course: From 09h00 to 13h00 with a maximum of three students on a course. R600 per participant.
Bowl Turning Course: From 09h00 to 13h00 with a maximum of three students on a course. R600 per participant.
Scroll down to see all the courses with available dates.
Once you have booked, I will send you an invoice with payment details. Payment is required before the start of the course.
|Basic Turning||Bowl Turning|
This course is for people interested in starting with woodturning or brushing up on the basic skills of woodturning. The following items are covered in the course:
- Workshop safety
- Getting to know your lathe
- Turning tools
- Sharpening of turning tools
- The laws of turning
- Hands on practice with all the turning tools will be done
This course is aimed at the intermediate turner that has completed the basic course or has an understanding and experience with turning tools. The main aspects covered are:
- Use of the bowl gouge with the different cuts that can be made with this gouge
- Grain orientation
- Design and shape of the bowl
- Safely mounting the bowl blank
- How to turn the correct tennon
- Hollowing the bowl
- Finishing the foot of the bowl